I thought I would share my home-made dough recipe. It is a great and simple dough to make from scratch. We use this for many things, it’s especially good for home-made pizza! You can cook this dough on a floured baking pan @ 500º for 15-20 minutes. I made a couple batches last night and today we used it for our pizza pies. Once you roll it out, I cooked some red sauce to pour on it and topped it off with some dairy free cheeses. It came out delicious and more of a pan style pizza. Hope this recipe works well for you too!
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 1/4 cups cold water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp of crushed garlic
- 4 tbsp of basil
1. Dissolve yeast in 1 cup warm water in a small bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
2. Combine 1 1/4 cups cold water, oil, sugar, and salt in a small bowl; stir together.
3. Combine flour, yeast mixture, and cold water mixture into a big mixing bowl. Mis everything together by hand, until the dough begins to form. Knead the dough until it smooths out.
4. Divide the dough in half, and place each portion in a sealed container, to chill overnight or up to 2 days. Take the dough out at room temperature for 1 hour, before cooking with it.
FYI: You can also freeze the dough for up to 2 months and then thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Enjoy…
Best regards, Mamma Bear